SimWorld Fleets: USS Yamato: Mission 3: The Problem with Intelligence

Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
SimWorld Fleets - 2385 _ USS Yamato _ Mission 3: The Problem with Intelligence
Posted by: Dianna Torres Oct 23 2006, 12:09 PM
This is what is going to happen here. Tim has decided to resign from the Yamato. Okay everyone lets have a bit of fun with this one. As you can tell we now have a new mission here so lets have a bit of fun with this one. We now are at starfleet because of what Tim's character had done. Now everyone can work with that one.

Posted by: Alexandria Taylor Oct 24 2006, 12:35 AM
Yamato

Alex sat at her desk in her office thinking about Dianna. Dianna had to many injuries for her to handle herself. Dianna was still not able to walk even though she had fixed the broken bones, but there was still more healing to go. Dianna had that and the emotional baggage.

Alex could only do so much for Dianna, but Dianna had to do it for herself. She felt it was rather hard to fully heal Dianna on a starship. She felt that Dianna may need the stability that earth had to offer. If the doctor down at starfleet medical agrees, she'd transfer Dianna down there so that Dianna could get better. When the time was right, she return to the Yamato.

Alex got on the console and messaged the doctor.

To: Commodore Jonin Prax, Starfleet Chief Medical Officer, SFC
From: Commander Alexandria Taylor, Chief Medical Officer, USS Yamato

Doctor,
I am of need for your assistance. Captain Torres has been relieved of duty due to the injuries she had sustained from an away mission. She along with me had been kidnapped due to the planet's resistance. Due to this people she had been severely injuried. I would have been next if we had not been rescued when we did. The captain had suffered multiple broken bones which I have tried to fix to the best of my abilities. As of right now, she is not able to walk due to these injuries. I also looked into her past medical records and saw that she had similar injuries like these as a kid. There is no indication as to what happened and I tried to question her about and she refused to let me know what happened. I sense that she hiding or protecting someone. I don't know what the reason is, but if she tells someone what happened, maybe her recovering process would be shorter. My suggestion is to transfer her to starfleet medical, but its your call as to how you want to handle this case. I truthfully feel that she'd be better on earth where there is more stability while she recovers. Once she recovers, she then can return back to active duty aboard the Yamato. As I said, its your call as to how you would like to handle this case with Captain Torres.

Thank You,
Commander Alexandria Taylor
Chief Medical Officer, USS Yamato


Alex then sent the message off and then heading to do her rounds.

posted on yamato and SFC

Posted by: Dianna Torres Oct 26 2006, 10:18 PM
Dianna tried to sit up in her bed. It was hard but she managed. She called one of the medics in. She asked if they can send for Alex. The said they would. Dianna looked at the chair and she said to herself that she refused to use the thing. Dianna did hope her condition was only temporarily. Last time it was a close call, but now she’s an adult and healing isn’t always the same as when you are a kid. She knew that Alex did her best.

Dianna saw Alex walk into her room and sat down right next to her. “Hello doctor.”

“Dianna call me Alex,” said Alex.

“Okay,” said Dianna smiling “and you may call me Dianna.”

“Okay,” said Alex.

Dianna felt Alex put her hand on her arm. “Dianna you wanted to see me.” Said Alex.

“Yes. You can take that chair out of here. I refuse to use that thing. Its either I walk or I don’t but I refuse to use that things. There is no way in hell that I will ever use it. You can confine me to sickbay if you want but I refuse to use it.”

“Dianna….” Said Alex.

“NO,” said Dianna interrupting Alex. “I rather stay in bed then be stuck in that thing and don’t tell me what’s best for me. I refuse to accept it.”

“Dianna I wish you’d change your mind,” said Alex.

“No,” said Dianna.


Posted by: Vinnie Oct 26 2006, 10:55 PM
Vinnie checked and made sure tim was secured, he did not look to happy but he had top answer to what hes done. Vinnie went to his office and decided he needed to send a message to starfleet.


To Vice Admiral Jennifer Wolf:

Adniral:

Just to advise you of current events on the yamato. The captain was injured during the away mission to aldea while this happened commander Tim Larson stole the yamato for his own personnal reasons, commander Juarez has talked to commander rune and got the whole story from him. So tim is currently in the brig with no possible chance of escape. We are on our way to earth and the dr has relieved the captain of command so she can heal from broken bones.

Thanks

Commander Vinnie Crow

Cheif of Security/Tactical

Uss Yamato.


Vinnie sent the message and got up and left his office and headed down the corridor to the nearest turbolift and headed to the captains quarters. He reached the deck and got off and went to her quarters and rang the chime.


Posted on Yamato and sfc

Posted by: Rune Oct 29 2006, 12:54 AM
Rune sat in 10-Forward with his cousin, Toca. His freightor was off on other business in another star system in the meantime.

"I was surprised to find you in here, reading your buisness expenses. I expected you to be trying to make deals with these Humans. You are one Ferengi with many Human goods in your stock," Rune said leaning over his drink at the table.

Toca shook his head, holding his drink with on hand, and staring at a padd of information on his freightor with the other, "Bah! I sold all my Human goods a month ago. My new routes were taking me away from Federation space."

"Well good. Because the last thing I need is trouble from you on this ship."

Toca placed down his padd, "You know I am passed acting stupid now. My freightor profits are suffering and need the most attention! Will you help me?"

"Toca, why don't you just join a Ferengi Marauder and make a steady profit?"

His cousin sat unsettled for a moment, "Are you kidding me?? There you have to follow orders from a rich DaiMon who thinks he knows when and what you should be doing and why. I prefer to control my own business. Which brings up one question... what is your status with the Fortune's Gold? Do they expect you to make some sort of profit here?"

"Of course. And the odd thing is that thanks to the Exchange Program, I'm actually allowed to pursue a minor business venture! But according to the rules, it can't interfere with my duties aboard the Yamato, nor conflict with any policies of the Federation."

Toca waved his hand, "Right, and get to the part I'm waiting to hear..."

"50-percent," Rune sighed at this furtherence into this forced conversation, "The Fortune's Gold get's 50-percent of whatever money I make from any business venture."

His cousin slapped his hands on the table in utter shock! "Great Material Continuum! Why in the name of the Vault of Eternal Destitution would you agree to that? That is warp 6 robbery!"

"Quiet down, Toca! You know very well why I agreed to that. Because I want to serve with Starfleet. I do have an interest in exploration."

Toca shook his head, "Exploration of, what, anomalees? Planets? You are supposed to explore business opportunities."

"I refuse to have this argument with you, Toca."

His cousin sat back, deciding to give Rune some space, "Alright alright. Don't get upset. I was just getting to the fact that DiaMon Cide will expect some business opportunity ventured by you. When and who with are you planning on doing this with?"

"I'm not worried about that right now. Like I said, the ship's operations are my first priority."

Toca pointed, "That's your problem. Your priorities! If you don't venture something, your DiaMon Cide is going to revoke your Exchange service on this ship. Then this ship you love so much won't have anything to do with you! It's a harsh circle of truth."

Rune sat back and thought for a moment. Toca was actually making a valid point.

"That's easy. I'll just trade something through you," Rune suggested.

Toca laughed, "Hahaha! Like what? I came to you for business advice on my failing business! Hahahahaha!"

"Okay okay! Get a hold of yourself."

Toca just continued laughing, "Hahahahahahaha! Please--- hahaha-- please excuse me, Rune--- aahahahaha!"

Rune watched as his cousin stumbled from out his chair to leave 10-Forward. As Toca neared the exit, still laughing, he was forced to stop at the doors for an even more hearty laugh: "Come to me for profit? AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The other officers in 10-Forward glanced over in confusion as Toca left, laughing.

Rune just rolled his eyes and went back to finish his drink, while looking through the padd Toca left behind.

Posted by: Jennifer Oct 29 2006, 07:02 PM
Jennifer had returned back to her office and her comp was beeping and she sat down at the console, there was a message from Commander Crow top priority to her.

To Vice Admiral Jennifer Wolf:

Adniral:

Just to advise you of current events on the yamato. The captain was injured during the away mission to aldea while this happened commander Tim Larson stole the yamato for his own personnal reasons, commander Juarez has talked to commander rune and got the whole story from him. So tim is currently in the brig with no possible chance of escape. We are on our way to earth and the dr has relieved the captain of command so she can heal from broken bones.

Thanks

Commander Vinnie Crow

Cheif of Security/Tactical

Uss Yamato.


Jennifer read it over and sent a message back.

To Commander Vinnie Crow

Commander:

Since Captain torres is out due to her injuries advise Commander Juarez to alter course and return to Earth pronto. Tim will be placed in the starfleet brig till Admiral Gilbert is healthy. I am currently temporary Cic for right now. The Yamato will remain in orbit until trial. Thats my orders.

Thank you

Vice Admiral Jennifer Wolf

Vcic Sfc


Jennifer sent the message then since she knew that chris Vickers was off planet she checked to see who was here in his place and found that fleet captain Mark Nelson was on Earth, She tapped her commbadge.

"Admiral Wolf to Fleet Captain Mark Nelson." she said.

"Go ahead admiral." he said.

"Captain, i need to see you in my office asap please." She said.



Posted on both Sfc and Yamato



Posted by: Bennie Juarez Oct 29 2006, 08:28 PM
Her eyes concentrated, the small hums came through the howls of winds. She hadn't really delt with evils on this level, the perils that she had been through in the last few moments. Sitting down with little ease a lot weight upon her mind heavy thoughts burden her at that moment.

Posted by: Dianna Torres Oct 30 2006, 06:27 PM
While Dianna was talking with Alex, a medic walked in saying that she had a visitor. Dianna okayed the person to come in. It was Vinnie.

“Hello Commander,” said Dianna. “What can I do for you?”


Posted by: Vinnie Nov 2 2006, 10:48 PM
Vinnie entered and saw the captain was talking to the dr.

“Hello Commander,” said Dianna. “What can I do for you?”

"Captain, Dr, thought id come and make you aware that Commander Larson is under lock and key and wont be going anywhere, i have advised Admiral Wolf at starfleet and hope to hear back from her soon. I have a feeling that he may try and escape. so hes in special confinement." Vinnie said.

<Captain>

Vinnie looked the Dr over while listening to the Captain. The Dr was quite beautiful and he wanted to get to know her and find out what she was like. He continued in his thoughts when the Captain cleared her throat.

<Captain>

"Ok Captain ill advise Commander Juarez." He said.

Vinnie left the captains quarters and went up to the bridge and went and checked tactical and found he had a message from, Admiral Wolf.

To Commander Vinnie Crow

Commander:

Since Captain torres is out due to her injuries advise Commander Juarez to alter course and return to Earth pronto. Tim will be placed in the starfleet brig till Admiral Gilbert is healthy. I am currently temporary Cic for right now. The Yamato will remain in orbit until trial. Thats my orders.

Thank you

Vice Admiral Jennifer Wolf

Vcic Sfc


Vinnie tapped his commbadge.

16.gif"Commander Crow to Commander Juarez." He said. 16.gif

<Bennie>

"We have new orders from starfleet, we are to return to Earth Pronto this is from Vice Admiral Wolf." He said.

<Bennie>





Posted by: Dianna Torres Nov 3 2006, 05:14 PM
Dianna watched as Commander crow left her quarters. Dianna saw that Alex was a bit amused as they both felt what he was thinking. Dianna and Alex started to laugh together.

“Its about time that I see you laugh, Dianna,” said Alex.

“Uh I think that’s rather hard not to when we can sense what people think. I know I’m hurting inside, but I still got a sense of humor.” Said Dianna.

“I’m glad,” said Alex. “Dianna, I want to help you, but I can’t when you won’t let me inside.”

“I’m sorry, Alex.”

“What are you so afraid of? Whatever you say to me is in confidence. We both got abducted, Dianna. Yeah I know you got hurt but I didn’t, but it could have easily been both of us.”

“I know,” said Dianna. “Its just so hard. I have a tendency to hold everything in.”

“Come on, you need to open up. In due time, you would do more harm than good to yourself.”

“I know, but its hard not to.” Said Dianna

“I still want to know what happened when you were a kid,” said Alex.

“Okay,” said Dianna. “You know about my preexisting injuries but don’t know what happened, right?”

“Right? Was it abuse?”

“No, it was an accident.” Said Dianna.

“How can it be an accident?”

“it was my cousin. If it were not for me, someone else would have gotten hurt. It was my cousin who hurt me. Every so many years she would have what we call episodes. She’s fine now and has not had any more episodes in long, long time. She was in one of those episodes when I got hurt as a kid. Its like here strength is like ten times more powerful than she normally is. I have no ill feelings for her, but I almost didn’t walk.”

“Dianna, you may have to deal with the option that you may not walk this time,” said Alex.

“Never,” said Dianna. “I’d rather die than deal with that.”

“Dianna, I wish you’d feel differently about this. Just because you may be disabled, does not mean you can’t do your job. You know it has not been determined if this was permanent or not. I have not figured that out yet. I bet if I told you that it was permanent that you’d find a way to prove us wrong. I just can see that you are that type of person.”

“Your probably right,” said Dianna smiling. “Thank you,” Dianna watched as Alex left her room. She did think she was nice though.


Posted by: Vinnie Nov 8 2006, 07:35 AM
Vinnie had not gotten a response from Commander Juarez so he made a decision.

"Helm, change course to 315 mark 17, we are heading back to Earth. We will be staying there for a few days at least till tim goes to trial. If anyone here was on the bridge during the theft, will be required to give testimony to what happened.." He said.

The ship changed course at the helmsmans touch and engaged the warp enginges and they were off back to Earth.

Posted by: April Nov 11 2006, 10:31 PM
To: Lieutenant Commander Alexandria Taylor, USS Yamato – Chief Medical Officer
From: Fleet Captain April Bachman, Starfleet Assistant Chief Medical Officer

Doctor,
I read the information you had sent us about Captain Torres. I think I can be of assistance to the captain. I can get work with her down here at Starfleet medical. I have some exercises I can work with her down here and I think I can sympathize with her and maybe get through to her and help her through the ordeal. I think the best thing for her now is to concentrate on letting her body heal rather than worrying about the ship. I await your orders.

Fleet Captain April Bachman
Starfleet Assistant Chief Medical Officer


Message portion from starfleet command

Posted by: Alexandria Taylor Nov 11 2006, 11:47 PM
Alex walked back to her office after visiting with Dianna. There was a message from Starfleet medical. She read it and was relieved that they will help Dianna if at all possible. Dianna needed someone who can work with her and be patient with her. It’s very hard for Alex to do that when they are on a ship as accidents happen. Dianna needed more than she could give. Alex had the patience but being on a ship did not have those type of luxuries at times.

Alex sent a message back to Doctor Bachman and said that she looked forward to meeting her and they’d be there asap.

Alex had another fun trip to make. She had to go back to Dianna’s quarters and explain the situation to her.

Posted on Yamato and SFC


Posted by: Dianna Torres Nov 15 2006, 10:07 PM
USS Yamato

Alex had not been out of Dianna’s quarters very long, when Alex returned.

“Hey Alex, you back so soon,” asked Dianna.

“Yes, I’m afraid so.” Alex sat down right next to Dianna.

“Before I came here earlier, I sent a message to Starfleet medical and when I got back to my office, there was a response back. They want you to come there so that they can help you. When we get to earth, I will be coming down with you. We will be beamed directly to Starfleet medical.”

“I see,” said Dianna.

“You know there is only so much I can do for you and being on solid ground may help you more.”

“I know,” said Dianna.

Before they knew it, they heard the 2nd officer make an announcement

[To all crew of the USS Yamato, we are currently docking on earth now, please stand by for further instructions. All senior staff must beam down to SFC’s coordinates.]

Dianna looked at Alex.

Alex Commed Vinnie to tell him that her and Dianna had to be beamed to Starfleet Medical first. Alex called a medic then and asked for some help with Dianna. Since Dianna was hesitant of Any of the medical devices, Dianna was to be carried and then Starfleet Medical would take over.

Dianna felt a medic pick her up off her bed and carefully carried her with Alex by his side to the transporter room where they transported them to Starfleet Medical.

Starfleet Medical

Before Dianna knew it, she was beamed down to Starfleet Medical. A nurse took them to a room. The Medic place Dianna on the biobed and left. Dianna looked at Alex.

Then a woman with a bit of limp walked into a room. She looked at Alex and then Looked at Dianna. She then walked up to Dianna first. “Hello, Captain Torres. I’m Doctor April Bachman. I understand you had some rather extensive injuries recently.”

“Yes,” said Dianna.

April then looked at Alex and Alex explained to the doctor as to what she had done with Dianna.
April then looked back at Dianna after talking with Alex.

“Captain, I’m having you stay here. I have some things I can work with you on. If anything, we may have to do some physical therapy. You just relax.”

“Easy said then done. I can’t exactly go anywhere,” said Dianna.

“Okay,” said April.

Dianna watched as Alex and April left the room. The thing is Dianna wasn’t very comfortable.

Posted on Yamato and SFC

Posted by: Alexandria Taylor Nov 22 2006, 01:44 AM
As soon as Alex was done with Doctor Bachman, she headed to where Commander Crow and rune were now located. Tim has already been secured in the brig where he would not have a chance to escape. As soon as they can, Tim would be brought to trial. Dianna was safely at medical now where the doctor would take care of Dianna and hopefully by the time, they get back on the ship, Dianna would be able to rejoin the crew.

The three, waited patiently in the hallway of headquarters until the Commander in chief or the Vice commander in chief calls them in to discuss the situation with them all.

Posted on SFC and Yamato

Posted by: Dianna Torres Nov 25 2006, 03:09 AM
Dianna found that she still had some broken bones from April. Dianna could tell that April was a tough cookie, but she also cared. April left her room once she fixed Dianna up. Dianna watched as the doctor limped out of the room. Dianna wondered about her as to why she has that limp though. It didn't even seem like April cared about it. Dianna wished she could, but to her a defect is the end of the world for her. If she couldn't walk, why live?

A nurse walked in the room with a hypospray and pressed it against her neck. Dianna realized that it was for the pain as the pain had subsided after a little while. Then Dianna fell asleep.

Posted on SFC and Yamato

Posted by: Vinnie Nov 26 2006, 03:10 PM
Vinnie had been on the bridge as the Ship entered the main station over Earth. once the ship was moored he looked over at tactical at Lt. Johnson.

"Lt. put me on shipwide please." He said.

[To all crew of the USS Yamato, we are currently docking on earth now, please stand by for further instructions. All senior staff must beam down to SFC’s coordinates.]

The Dr. called Him to advise Him that She and the Captain would be beaming down to Starfleet Medical. He acknowledged Her and had Helm shutdown all systems. He had no idea what had happened to Bennie Juarez the First Officer.

Starfleet

Vinnie transported down and met with the Sr staff after making sure Tim had been transported to Starfleet Security. Vinnie found everyone outside of Admiral Gilberts office and She told them that They would be given quarters for now and Dianna would be fine. The trial will take place soon. They were lead off and Vinnie stopped the Dr once they reached the guest quarters.

"Dr, I was wondering if You and I could have dinner together later?" He asked.



Posted on Yamato and SFC

Posted by: Alexandria Taylor Nov 26 2006, 04:38 PM
It was getting late and they were told to come back tomorrow. The Commander-in-chief managed to get them some quarters so that they can spend their time on earth. They could have easily left in their quarters but as the Admiral Gilbert managed to get things situated for them, it could be fun to be on earth.

Once they got to their Quarters, Vinnie asked her if he can have dinner with her later. She thought about it and said, “Yes, I’d like that.” Alex then walked inside her quarters. They weren’t to bad. Its been a long time since she seen normal plumbing to say the least. She laughed to herself. This time she better not get abducted like the last time she was on a planet. Well it was earth, not Aldea. She just couldn’t help but remember this all. This was the reason why Dianna had gotten hurt in the first place. Alex had faith that Dianna will get better and she’d rejoin them all when the time was right.

Posted On SFC and Yamato

Posted by: Dianna Torres Nov 28 2006, 05:48 PM
Good job everyone. This was just a mini mission and now we will go to our next mission.

Powered by Invision Power Board (http://www.invisionboard.com)
© Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)